Dr.Nazir Ahmed, M. Sc., Ph. D. (Cantab), F. Inst. P., succeeded Dr. Turner as the Director of the Laboratory in 1930. Dr. Ahmad studied at the M. A. O. College, Aligarh and the Government College, Lahore till graduation. He took the M.Sc. and Ph. D. degrees of the Cambridge University in 1923 and 1925 respectively after conducting research in Atomic Physics under the guidance of Lord Rutherford in the Cavendish Laboratory. On his return to India, he took charge as the Head of the Science Department at the Islamia College, Lahore. HE was also a member of the Punjab Provincial Research Council. Dr. Ahmad joined the Technological Laboratory as Assistant Director in 1930.