The following are the services provided by the Transfer of Technology Division (TTD) at CIRCOT
Technology transfer, Commercialization and Licensing
- Promotion of the technologies developed in the Institute through awareness creation, demonstration and incubation.
- Technology validation of the recently developed technologies to enable its commercialization
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes to tap the potential of budding entrepreneurs, who will take up the technology and develop it into a successful Enterprise.
Intellectual Property Management
- Protection of the new ideas
- Creation of brand value for the technology through IP tag
- Sensitize the scientist about intellectual property
- Impart technical knowledge and skill to the personnel employed in cotton sectorespecially ginning and by-product utilization as well as to the traders creating a trained human resource in ginning and quality evaluation.
- Having gained expertise in the cutting edge technologies. Customized high-end training programmes in the areas Scientific processing of cotton seed, Basics of nanotechnology and its application, Cotton spinning, Microscopy, Chemical characterization of textile material etc.
Backward linkage to the research based on the feedback from the clients or the stakeholders is essential for refinement of existing technology or get the insight into newer area of technology development. To serve this purpose following activities will be initiated
- Impact assessment of the CIRCOT technologies from among the stakeholders
- Impact of trained human resource on the industrial production
Service to the stakeholders
- CIRCOT is recognized as the referral laboratory in the textile testing and is also NABL accredited. To cater to the needs of the stakeholders in the textile sector we undertake
- Commercial testing service to the industries at professional standard
- Consultancy services to the stakeholders to address their needs.