Agripreneurship Orientation Program (AOP) of RKVY-RAFTAAR scheme is aimed at providing an opportunity to students/youth to work on their innovative ideas on technological solutions/processes/products/services/business platforms etc. that could enhance productivity or increase efficiency in agriculture and allied activities, enhance remuneration/farmers’ incomes, rural economy and wealth. The interns will be given two months (60 hours) training cum hands on internship at the CIRCOT-R-ABI. Guided by experienced technology mentors and successful innovators they will be able to understand business concepts/nuances, strategy and gain practical insights into markets, challenges and develop strategies to resolve them. A stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month will be granted from CIRCOT-R-ABI to these interns for two months during the hands on training period. After successful completion of the two months orientation programme, the CIRCOT-R-ABI will facilitate incorporation of entities for all viable business ideas by the interns. Selected interns will be eligible to apply for Idea/Pre-Seed Stage Funding, of grant in aid upto Rs. 5 lakhs per startup for converting his/her innovative idea into prototype/product. The selected interns will register his/her company before the release of the grant as per DIPP notification to get Grant in aid.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant should propose one innovative idea based on technology, service, business platforms etc. for increasing efficiency in agriculture and allied sector.
- The recipient should have an innovative initial business plan/proposal for the idea they intend to pursue.
- After successful completion of the initial two months of AOP, interns will qualify to submit application for receiving Idea/Pre-Seed Stage Funding.
- The selected intern should be registered for the incubation programme at the CIRCOT-R-ABI for the entire duration of Idea/Pre-Seed Stage Funding.
- The selected intern shall register his/her company before the release of grant or he/she has to be an Indian start-up as per DIPP notification.
Selection process and funding support:
- Application from eligible interns will be scrutinized and evaluated by CIRCOT-R-ABI Incubation Committee (RIC). Under this program, CIRCOT-R-ABI will select a batch of 30 agripreneurs that have a workable innovative idea.
- A stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month will be granted to AOP interns for two months during which they will be guided by experienced technology mentors and successful innovators.
- After successful completion of the initial AOP, interested interns aspiring to convert their innovative idea into a marketable prototype/product will present his/her business plan before RIC. The committee will evaluate the interns on the basis of progress made on their innovative idea during AOP and recommend the interns to RKVY-RAFTAAR Selection & Monitoring Committee (RC) for their final evaluation for Idea/Pre-Seed Stage Funding.
- The RC will evaluate and recommend the interns for Idea/Pre-Seed Stage Funding.
- A maximum of 20 idea stage startups registered with CIRCOT-R-ABI will be supported under this scheme.
- A subsistence grant of upto Rs. 5 lakhs will be provided for each intern/startup under Idea/Pre-Seed Stage Funding.
20th May 2019 – 19th July 2019 (2 months/60 hours)
Documents to be furnished:
- Duly filled and neatly typed application in prescribed format (Annexure I) with and passport size photograph.
- Letter of Authorization as per the Annexure II (only if applicant is representing a Team/ Company)
- Supporting documents as listed in Annexure III.
- Application should reach to following address by registered post/hand delivery/courier. The applications can also be sent electronically to the email address# mentioned below.
- Incomplete application, re-submission and late submission for any reasons whatsoever will not be entertained.
- CIRCOT-R-ABI reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reasons thereof.
Address for Communication:
Dr. Ashok Kumar Bharimalla
Principal Investigator - CEO
ICAR-CIRCOT, Adenwala Road,
Matunga (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400019
Phone No.: 022 2414 3718; 9702878249
Last date for submission of application:
6th May 2019 before 5:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE to download Application Form (In MS Word (.docx) Format)
*For details/guidelines, please visit site www.circot.res.in; https://rkvy.nic.in