Polarised Light Microscope is useful for analyzing samples with optical anisotropy and finds its use in diverse fields of Material Science including Fibre Science and nanotechnology. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) is used for research activities related to fine structure and morphology of fibrous materials including natural fibres and fibre composites. SEM is very useful in the physical characterization of nanomaterials and composites. Atomic Force Microscope (AFM), also called as Scanning Force Microscope uses the force of interaction between probe and sample for imaging with a resolution of atomic scale. Mechanical properties like elastic modulus, stiffness and force of adhesion could also be analyzed using AFM. The fluorescence microscope is used to observe fluorescent dyes in textiles, fluorescent labeled biological systems and other fluorescent materials. Advanced knowledge on microscopy is very useful for researchers and students. This training module on 'Advances in
Microscopy' is designed to impart advanced knowledge in all aspects of the microscopy.
- To acquaint participant with recent advances in the field of light microscopy, electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy
- To impart hands-on training on sample preparation techniques used in LM, SEM and AFM and operation of different types of microscope
- To demonstrate the application of Light Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy and Atomic Force Microscopy in Textiles, Nano materials, Composites, Chemical and Polymer industry, Biological sciences etc.
- Introduction to light microscopy
- Polarized light microscopy and its application
- Fluorescent light microscopy and its application
- Application of light microscope in textiles
Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Principle and operation
- Methods of scanning
- Applications of SEM in different fields
Atomic Force Microscopy
- Basics of AFM
- Sample preparation for AFM
- Different Imaging modes
- Mechanical properties by AFM
Date & Venue
- January 17-19, 2019 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019.
- The programme fee is Rs. 15,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal expenses. There is 50% concession for students, academicians and participants from NARS.
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for "PROVIDING HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES ON JOB CONTRACT BASIS FOR ICAR- CIRCOT MATUNGA, MUMBAI & ITS STAFF QUARTERS AT MAHIM, MUMBAI" (CPPP Tender ID 2019_DARE_442710_1, dated 12th February, 2019 )
- DETAILED INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB) Modular Twin Screw Extrude Extruder (CPPP TENDER ID: 2018_DARE_440030_1)
- ICAR-CIRCOT Celebrated Republic Day
- NIT for Purchase of LED Tube Light Rods and LED Panel Light CPPP Tender ID No. :2019_DARE_431136_1
- CORRIGENDUM to NIT for Purchase of XRFS, CPPP Tender ID 2018_DARE_421639_1