The technique of Electrospinning has evinced more interest and attention in recent years due to its versatility and potential for applications in tissue engineering, biosensors, filtration, wound dressings, drug delivery, and enzyme immobilization. The nanoscale fibers are generated by the application of strong electric field on polymer solution or melt. Electrospinning produces nanofibers from conducting polymers. The submicron range spun fibers produced by this process offer various advantages like high surface area to volume ratio, tunable porosity and the ability to manipulate nanofiber composition in order to get desired properties and function. Electrospinning is one of the most preferred processes for production of nanofibers due to its varied advantages like cost effectiveness, zero effluent discharge, adaptability and scalability.
ICAR-CIRCOT is a pioneer institute in the field of nanotechnology with a decade of research experience in formulation of nano materials for variety of applications. The institute has established an electrospinning production facility and has well equipped laboratory for characterization of nano materials. Since there is a lot of scope for research in this area, the need was felt for sensitising the research community about the basics and advances in the field of electrospinning. Hence ICAR-CIRCOT is organising a three day training programme on “Electrospinning for Nanofibre Production and its Applications” primarily targeting the fundamentals of process, methods of electrospinning, optimisation and characterisation of electrospun materials. This programme will be useful to faculty members, students, research personnel from industry and academics.
- To acquaint participants about the basics of electrospinning
- To impart knowledge on preparation and characterization of electrospun nanofibres
- To demonstrate the various applications of electrospun nanofibres
- Basic principles of electrospinning
- Different configurations of electrospinning systems& Process optimization
- Nanofibre characterization techniques
- Applications of electrospraying on textiles
- Applications of electrospinning in filtration, Sensing and agriculture
Date & Venue
- October 29-31, 2018 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019
- For Industry Personnel : Rs. 10000 + GST (18%)
- For Academicians, Students and NARS Personnel: Rs. 5000 + GST (18%) The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging, conveyance and other personal expenses.
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for "PROVIDING HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES ON JOB CONTRACT BASIS FOR ICAR- CIRCOT MATUNGA, MUMBAI & ITS STAFF QUARTERS AT MAHIM, MUMBAI" (CPPP Tender ID 2019_DARE_442710_1, dated 12th February, 2019 )
- DETAILED INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB) Modular Twin Screw Extrude Extruder (CPPP TENDER ID: 2018_DARE_440030_1)
- ICAR-CIRCOT Celebrated Republic Day
- NIT for Purchase of LED Tube Light Rods and LED Panel Light CPPP Tender ID No. :2019_DARE_431136_1
- CORRIGENDUM to NIT for Purchase of XRFS, CPPP Tender ID 2018_DARE_421639_1