Researchers rely on libraries for scientific literature. Ready availability of right information at right time is the prerequisite for progress of ongoing research work. With this objective CIRCOT Library upgrades its holdings of documents mostly pertaining to cotton technology and textiles.
The acquisition policy of the library aimed at acquiring books, journals, standards and electronic resources related especially cotton fibre, yarn & fabric testing and finishing, cellulose composites , lignocelluloses, nano cellulose, pulp and paper, particle boards, enzymatic processing, natural dyeing and coloration, plasma technology, non-woven applications in textiles etc.
The Library treasures some of the renowned refereed textile journal archives with print+ online access eg. Textile Progress, Textile Research Journal and The Journal of The Textile Institute with holdings dated back to year 1910. In addition to its regular subscription to Indian and Foreign Journals ; being a member of CERA consortia of ICAR, this Library provides online full text access to research articles of more than 2000+ international journals and annual reviews at jgateplus.com The Library regularly subscribes to online databases of IS standards (Textiles), ASTM standards (Textiles), TAPPI paper & pulp standards, AATCC Test Methods along with Annual Online subscription to national statistical database Indiastat.com. The Library has Annual Subscription to Online bibliographic databases of world textiles™ (1970 - till date). Presently total number of the BOOKS is 7669 and BOUND VOLUMES is 8085 (as on 01-01-2016).
CIRCOT library resources are available for use not only to its Scientific and Technical Staff but also to all those who are interested in Cotton Technology, Fibre science, Composites and Applied Textiles R &D in any way. Besides the staff of this Institute, scholars from Textile Faculties and Consultants from Industries avail the library facilities of the Institute.
The Library is open on all working days except 2nd Saturday. For external visitors viz. college faculties, students, consultants, an introductory letter from the respective Head of their Academic Institutions/Company is must for visiting the Library.
CIRCOT Library Resources
CIRCOT Library possesses up-to-date scientific and technical references on Fibre & fabric testing, Cellulose & Composites, Cotton Technology, Spinning & Weaving, Dyeing & Finishing, Technical Textiles, Non-wovens, Patents and Textile Standards etc. The Library Books holding reached to 7675 and Bound volumes of journals at 8085 as on March 31, 2016. The Library possesses good collection of HINDI books on variety of subjects viz. hindi vishwakosh (25 vols.), dictionaries and books on rajbhasha hindi usage, administrative rules books, constitution of India, IPR, RTI, textile science, ayurveda & yoga, environment science, novels and biographies of eminent authors, kavita evam ekanki etc.
B) Journal (Print, Online, Print + online Full text Journals)
Library subscribed to (6) Foreign journals and (7) Indian journals with print + IP enabled online access for the year 2016. (The list is attached herewith). Being a member of J-Gate@Consortia, library provides seamless access to millions of journal articles available online offered by 12,356 Publishers and a comprehensive searchable database with 42,554,091 articles, with 10,000+ articles added every day with links to full text at publisher sites through log in at http://jgateplus.com
C) Electronic resources
[i] Annual Subscription to full text Databases of Standards and Test Methods:-
- BIS –TXD standards –(with two monthly updates) The Standardization in the field of textiles covering natural and man-made fibres and their products, dyestuffs, textile specialty chemicals, textile machinery, technical textiles and textile protective clothing is in continuous process through a network of 24 Sectional Committees of Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi. Currently 1165 published Indian Standards in the field of textiles are in use. Indian Standards: Textiles TXD are now available on DVDs on lease. The Standards are encrypted and password protected.
- TAPPI Standards - The Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry’s Test Methods are testing procedures and related practices used in the measurement, evaluation, and description of pulp, paper, and related products. TAPPI Technical Information Papers (TIPs) are documents containing specialized information (e.g., data, software, calculations) used in the manufacture, evaluation and description of pulp, paper, and related products, written in a standardized format readily useable by the industry.
- AATCC Test Methods –American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists evaluation procedures focus on biological properties, colorfastness, dyeing properties, identification and analysis, and physical properties. The Association is internationally recognized for its standard methods of testing dyed and chemically treated fibers and fabrics to measure and evaluate such performance characteristics as colorfastness to light and washing, durable press, soil release, shrinkage, water resistance and the many other conditions to which textiles may be subjected. (year 2015 print version available in the library)
- ISO standards – The Library possesses good collections of ISO standards viz.
- 1) Chemical processing of textiles (selective ISO stds. on CDROM)
- 2) Wood based panels/ Fibre boards (selective ISO/TC Stds. on CDROM)
- 3) Paper boards and Pulp – (selective ISO handbook)
- 4) Nanotechnology (selective ISO/TC Stds. on CDROM) etc.
[ii] Annual Subscription to bibliographic databases:
- World Textiles™, World Textiles provides current coverage of more than 200 international journals and provides archival coverage of several hundred additional journal titles, books and reports. Accessing World Textiles via the EBSCOhost® platform provides users with a customizable interface, a variety of search options and the ability to link to full-text articles. IP authenticated online textile records available from 1970 - present on office LAN at http://search.ebscohost.com/
- Analytical Abstracts - Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) product is the premier specialist database and essential web resource for researchers interested in analytical and bio-analytical science. It includes Abstracts from over 100 publications in the fields of Clinical Medicine: Toxicology, Life & Biomedical Sciences: Biochemistry & Biophysics; Cell Biology; Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Physics. (Analytical Abstracts 1980 – November 2010 CDROM is available in library for reference use)
- INDIA PATENTS: An easily searchable bibliographic database containing more than 60,000 Indian Patents covering the period from 1971 to present, with powerful search software for search and retrieval– continuously updated (quarterly/year) and maintained on CDROM. (INDIA PATENTS 1971 – 2012 CDROM is available in library for reference use)
[iii]Annual Subscription to bibliographic + full text databases:
- Indiastat.com - It provides depth of India specific, socio-economic statistical facts and figures culled from various secondary sources. It is a portal of state specific sites which provide statistical data for all the major socio-economic parameters of the Indian States. District level data where ever available can also be viewed. The exhaustive compiled data can be accessed and downloaded in MS-Excel/HTML format at http://www.indiastat.com (with Log in/Password based access)
[iv] E-Books with IP enabled online access:
- 1) Net library e-books - by EBSCO publishers provides access to digital version of books 24 hours a days, seven days a week. Net library e-books on Patents, Copyrights & Trademarks are ready to read at http://www.netlibrary.com/ (24 E-books) (office IP based access)
- 2) CAB eBooks DYNAMIC FRONT FILE (Titles cover from 2008 to 2011) – CAB eBooks are subject collections in agriculture and allied areas. The e-books database was subscribed under NAIP-CVC project in the year 2011. (150 E-books available in library for reference use)
[v] Journal Archives:
Library purchased IP based perpetual online access to contents of back file archive of 3 core refereed journals of Textiles field viz.;
- Journal of the Textile Institute (archives year 1910-1996) concern research and innovation, reflecting the professional interests of the Textile Institute in science, engineering, economics, management and design related to the textile industry and the use of fibres in consumer and engineering applications. http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/tjti20
- Textile Progress (archives year 1969-1996) is a monographic series which since 1969, has provided critical examinations of the origins and application of developments in the international fibre, textile and apparel industry, and its products. http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ttpr20
- Textile Research Journal (archives 1931 - 1996) Textile Research Journal includes research on: fibers, fibrous assemblies, textiles, and other fiber-based materials such as nonwovens including novel, non-traditional applications, such as in technical textiles, reinforced composites, geotextiles, personal care products, filtration, transportation, health care and biomaterials, smart, intelligent, electronic, and nano applications. http://trj.sagepub.com/content/by/year
- ICAC documents on CDROM - The CD-ROM is updated each year in May by International Cotton Advisory Committee, USA. It includes all issues of:-Cotton: Review of the World Situation in English, Cotton This Month, Cotton this week, THE ICAC RECORDER (March 1989 to 2012), all statistics appearing in COTTON: WORLD STATISTICS (1924 to 2012), WORLD TEXTILE DEMAND (1970 to 2012), WORLD COTTON TRADE (1970 to 2012), the Proceedings, the country Statements and the Technical Seminars from the plenary meetings (from 1989 to year 2012). It features two studies: Survey of the Cost of Production of Raw Cotton and Survey of Cotton Production Practices, and many more ICAC publications/reports. Workable files are available for Cotton: World Statistics, World Cotton Trade and World Textile Demand. It’s an excellent tool for research and studies.
- D) Annual Membership of Professional Societies:
D) Annual subscription/membership of professional organizations:
- AATCC Individual - Senior Membership year 2016
- TAPPI Emerging Markets Professional Membership year 2016
CIRCOT library resources are available for use not only to its Scientific and Technical Staff but also to all those who are interested in Cotton Technology, Fibre science, Composites and Applied Textiles R &D in any way. Besides the staff of this Institute, scholars from Textile Faculties and Consultants from Industries avail the library facilities of the Institute. The Library is open on all working days except 2nd Saturday. An introductory letter from the respective Head of their Academic Institutions/Company is must for external visitors visiting the Library.
The list of Indian Journals subscribed for the year 2015
The list of Foreign Journals subscribed for the year 2016